Thursday, January 27, 2011

Snow Day with pictures

So I woke up to a ridiculous amount of snow, and promptly got back in bed with my coffee.  The view from my coffee cup:
After finishing 2 cups, I finally went outside and shovelled snow for about 1.5 hours.  It was crazy--more so than usual because of the enormous piles of snow from the last three snowstorms.  So every shovel had to be hoisted up and over 6-8 foot walls of old snow.  After a while, I just couldn't rely solely on my arms so I was using my leg as a lever to launch the snow over the pile.  Rock hard abs, one snowstorm at a time.
 I realized when I got back in that my shirt combination turned out kind of funny, as shown here:
Why, yes, that is Gary Coleman in the v of my sweater.

I made Laura and I awesome vegan pizza and strawberry/banana/lemon smoothies for lunch.  Then I drank an entire pot of black tea while reading a cookbook.  I am still excessively caffeinated (picture me typing very quickly but very poorly due to the shakiness, and you'll have the idea).  Then I went to school and convinced Caitlin and Heidi to go to the gym with me.  The entire track team seemed to be hogging the treadmills so I ended up doing 20 minutes of elliptical, then some other leg stuff so as not to further abuse my arms and abs.  It's been a lovely day.

2 comments:

  1. Good grief!!! All that snow--not surprising that you hear stories of 60 yr old guys having MI's while shoveling snow. Shirt pic was very cute by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, it makes me feel like I'm gonna have an MI and I'm in ridiculously good shape at the moment.

    ReplyDelete