Saturday, February 5, 2011

Workout unhappiness and the continuing snowpocalypse

So I think it is physically impossible for me to be able to do a pull-up by the time the Tough Mudder rolls around.  Why?  I haven't tested the absolute max, but I can do about 10 lateral pull down reps with 75lbs and 6-8 reps with 87.5 lbs.  I currently weigh about 160 lbs so even assuming my max single rep weight I can lift is 100, I'm still a solid 60 pounds from being able to lift myself.  So yeah, I don't think I'll really be able to pull myself over the wall.  Dammit.

The undergrads are back so that means the gym is super busy.  And it means that I can't stay on the treadmill for more than 30 minutes.  Soooo annoying.  I guess there's a slight upside in that it forces me to do more weight training which is a good thing for sure.

On a further annoying note, there are ginormous piles of snow everywhere and the wintery mix that keeps falling combined with the sub-freezing nighttime temperatures has made a layer of ice over all the snow.  The fields of snow now look fake, like they're made of ceramic.  It's never going to go away now.

No comments:

Post a Comment