Saturday, February 5, 2011

My first 10k!!!

I speculated that the gym might be less busy on the weekends and I was right.  Yay.  I was still worried that I was going to be kicked off the treadmill about 45 minutes in, but I made it.  I did 6.2 miles in <67 minutes.  I would know the exact time, but I accidentally pulled the emergency stop cord when I was picking up my towel to wipe my face.  It was at 5.03 miles and I was so ready to just run one last mile at 6.0mph.  After I reset the machine, I was so pissed and upset I was about to cry--that lump in the thraot, hard to breathe feeling so I walked for 5 minutes fully thinking I would just stop early.  After I got myself back under control, I got like a 5th wind and boosted it back up to 5mph (and then 5.5 for the last few minutes) to finish off the 10k!  I had a stitch in my side for about the last 35 minutes, and it was kind of an emotional rollercoaster, but I'm done now.  I had a protein shake, lunch, and half of my toasted coconut chocolate chip vegan cookie, and I'm feeling loads better.

No comments:

Post a Comment